A fun & creative take for kids on a sushi roll!
- Large bowl
- Kitchen scissors
Sushi Rice SaladPrint Recipe
- 3 cups short-grained rice
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 5 tablespoons of rice vinegar or slightly diluted cider vinegar
- 1 cup frozen green peas or thinly sliced snow peas
- 1/2 cup dried black mushrooms, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons of pickled ginger - cut in slivers
- 2 Inari (tofu skin pockets) Ð sliced thin
- Nori (Sushi seaweed wrapping) - cut into thin little strips for topping
Put the rice in a large bowl. Add the sugar and the vinegar. Wet a rice paddle or a large spoon, so the rice won't stick to it as much. Mix the rice well, until all the sugar crystals are invisible.
Add the frozen peas, the mushrooms, the ginger and the inari.
Dip your rice paddle in the water again and gently flip the ingredients until all the colors and shapes are evenly mixed with the rice. Scoop the rice up from the bottom to make sure you get it all mixed.
Next, use a pair of kitchen scissors to cut thin strips of nori over the top of the salad.